A new social-ethical foundation for the formulation of all policy guidelines and laws:
Coherence dictates that the essential basic values of a globally renewed society must provide the starting point for the formulation and practical implementation of social (political) guidelines aimed at a sustainable development of civilisation. The elementary and hence essential basic values of a globally renewed society constitute at the same time the framework of a new socio-ethical foundation:
- The peaceful coexistence of all human beings, irrespective of their race, sex, age, origin, education, language, social status and property.
- The unreserved practical solidarity of society with those members who have a reduced capacity or disability of whatever kind, in order to facilitate their establishment as full moral members of society.
- The deliberate overcoming of personal and social envy and hatred (a) through a radical revision of the concept of values, of formation, and reform of the education and vocational training system; (b) by overcoming the enforced economic and social (psychosocial) pressure to compete; (c) through the uncoupling of the systems of production and services from monetary value (demonetarisation); and (d) by redefining personal and private property.
- The promotion and universal protection of the social commons on behalf of all members of society, irrespective of their race, sex, age, origin, education, language, social status and property, and with the exclusion of all individual or collective privileges.
- The creation of a high universal standard of living for all human beings worldwide resting on a planetary socio-ethical reorientation, on the development of a global social commons and on the ecological sustainability of the planet.
- A participatory, democratically governed social system based on a universal scale of basic values (set forth in a tract or a constitution), providing the cornerstones of a globally renewed social and economic structure.
Not only the religious traditions and ancient wisdom of humanity, even more recent neurobiological and socio-psychological research show that a functional or happy life cannot happen by acting out egoisms and through fighting and competing. Rather cooperation, solidarity, empathy, trust and appreciation are the core of all life-supporting motivation in biological, social and economic systems. Moreover, the modern „happiness research“ refutes the materialistic fundamental fallacy and the assertion of neoliberal ideologies that humans find their happiness and satisfaction in the always-wanting-more mode, in increasing consumption and higher money income. After reaching a good middle-income level, the satisfaction does not increase anymore with even higher income. Rather functioning relationships, love, trust, an intact natural environment and social stability and the possibility of contributing individual skills are much more important for the satisfactory life of individuals and communities. However, for the development of this experience of interpersonal and social gifts of the people, the stimulants from its social environment, the parents, the education, culture and the economy are decisive.
Therefore, it should belong to the fundamental work of all alternative social movements to work for overcoming the today society’s mainstream directed towards envy, fight and competition, and to promote a holistic value experience and solidary thinking at all levels.
 See also: Joachim Bauer: Prinzip Menschlichkeit – Warum wir von Natur aus kooperieren, and Jordis Grimm: Ergebnisse der Glücksforschung als Leitfaden für politisches Handeln? – Universität Flensburg.